String Quilts with 7 Piecing Techniques

$9.99

$9.99

Instructor:
Jodie Davis and Ashley Briggs

Join Jodie Davis as she shows you how to utilize a simple quilting technique, called string piecing, that has been enjoyed for generations gone by and will be for generations to come. This technique is traditionally a foundation piecing technique that makes use of scraps. Fast and beginner-easy, string piecing is extremely versatile and the possibilities are endless! Jodie Davis shows you quilts that will inspire, then, she guides you through the steps for constructing seven blocks.  You will also receive a free pattern with purchase of this class, Island Campfires by Marianne Fons, which uses this technique.

In this webinar, you will learn how to:

• Make seven different blocks for seven different quilts including a star, a diamond star, a strip quilt, and more
  • String piece appliqué shapes
  • Use up your scraps or new fabric, even strips like jelly rolls, on foundation or without

This class is sure to provide you with information that is vital to your quilting knowledge base. Make sure to catch this one!

Materials: A link to download Island Campfires pattern will be available after purchase ($6.95 value).

A picture of the finished Rock Island Campfires string quilt is shown below.

String quilt made from scrap fabric pieces.

Length : 51:09

Category: Featured, New Classes, New Quilting Classes, and Quilting Classes.

Tags: circle applique, foundation piecing, free pattern, jelly roll, paper piecing, pieced applique, piecing on newspaper, scrap piecing, scrap quilts, star black, star quilt, String piecing, and strip quilt.

8 Comments

1. If I sign up for this class, how long do I have before it expires? Lessons on Craftsy lasts forever. How soon do I have to take it ?

Jan Hall, 10 months ago Reply

• Hi Jan, the classes don’t expire so you can watch them as many times as you’d like. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Eric @ DailyCraft TV, 10 months ago Reply

• It’s been great fun watching your quilt-along. I rlelay wanted to make one too, but I had better just watch for now. My current quilt is taking all my time. Then there’s another planned for after that… Maybe there’s room after that one. :) They’re all so beautiful.

Yukimura, 6 months ago Reply

2. Where is the link to the Island Campfires pattern? Where can I find the paper pattern for the diamond that Jodie string pieced and turned into a big star? Are there any written instructions for the techniques and patterns that Jodie used or will I just need to watch the video several times and take notes on the techniques? Thanks so much for your help.

Pat Cox, 10 months ago Reply

• Hi Pat – the link to download the pattern is on the video page. After you are signed in, there will be a bold sentence that says “Click here to download Island Campfires”, click on that and the pattern will download for you. Thank you!

kloeffelholz, 10 months ago Reply

3. Classes are great because you always learn something. You see construction steps I through someone else’s eyes and that gives you ideas or a new way to save time or steps. I love it!

Paula, 10 months ago Reply

4. At the end of the video, Jodie commented on the “free patterns” for the projects she did. Where do I find these “free patterns?”
    I am really interested in making the two stars that she demonstrated at the very ending of the show. Thanks for your help.

Pat Cox, 10 months ago Reply

• Hi – under the video description there is a bold sentence that says “Click here to download Island Campfires”, click on that and the pattern will download for you. Thank you!

kloeffelholz, 10 months ago Reply