|McCall's Quilting Staff|
Would you like to take a class that instructs you on how to make a quilt from start to finish? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
In this series, “Surf & Sand,” you will have unrestricted access to 9 lessons after your initial purchase: 1) Getting Started, 2) Corner Units, 3) Star Point Units, 4) Assembling Blocks, 5) Sashing Units, 6) Pinwheels, 7) Assembling Quilt Top, 8) Quilting, and 9) Binding by Machine.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Use various tools and supplies and how to cut from fat quarters and organize your patches
- Create the block corner units
- Make the star point units using the stitch-n-flip method
- Assemble the 9 large blocks using center squares and directional star point and corner units
- Make the sashing strip units using single and double stitch-n-flip techniques
- Mark two half-square triangles (HSTs) at a time, match and stitch two HSTs together, and match up the two pairs of HSTs for a perfect Pinwheel Block
- Assemble the quilt top, including tips for using a design wall and viewing the overall layout prior to stitching
- Preview your quilt design, what tools and supplies to use for marking your quilt top, and where to find inspiration and motifs for your quilt
- Apply a beautiful binding with only your sewing machine, from start to finish
After learning how to build the “Surf & Sand” quilt with step-by-step instructions, you will have acquired techniques such as, using the stitch-n-flip methods to create block corner, star point, and sashing strip units, methods of working with half-square triangles, assembling the quilt top, and previewing your quilt design, as well as various pinning, pressing, and sewing tips, just to name a few!
And, if you work best with written instructions, a free download of each lesson’s instructions will be available after your initial purchase.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to create a professional looking quilt by learning from the best instructors around!
Materials: Free instructional downloads for Surf & Sand, Lessons 1 – 9, will be available after initial purchase.
Length : 1:54:03
Category: All, All Skill Levels, All Videos, Binding, Chapter, Featured, General Quilting, Half-Square Triangle (HST), Intermediate Quilting Classes, McCall's Quilting - Quilt Along, McCall's Quilting Staff, New Classes, New Quilting Classes, Pinwheel, Quilting Classes, Star Block, Techniques, and Unique Quilting Projects.
Tags: 9 lessons, assembling blocks, assembling quilt top, assembling the quilt, bind, binding, binding by machine, block corner units, corner units, flip, general quilting, getting started, half-square triangle (hst), make a quilt, make a quilt from start to finish, mccall's quilting - quilt along, mccall's quilting staff, pinning, pinwheel, pinwheels, prepare binding, pressing, pressing techniques, preview, previewing your quilt, quilt, quilting, Renae Russell, sashing strip units, sashing strips, sashing units, sewing, sewing techniques, sherri bain driver, star block, star point units, start to finish, step-by-step instructions, stich-n-flip method, stitch, stitch & flip, stitch and flip, stitch-n-flip, surf & sand, surf and sand, Susan Guzman, technique, techniques, tips, and unique quilting projects.