Would you like to take a class that instructs you on how to make a quilt from start to finish? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
In this series, “Accent on Amish,” you will have unrestricted access to 9 lessons after your initial purchase: 1) Getting Started, 2) Log Cabin Blocks, 3) Chain Blocks, 4) Star Block, 5) Assembling the Quilt, 6) Adding the Border, 7) Layer, Baste, Quilt, 8) Preparing for Binding, and 9) Applying the Binding.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Use basic tools, accurately cut fabric and sew a ¼” seam allowance, as well as helpful pressing techniques
- Create the classic Log Cabin Quilt Block
- Make a chain block
- Assemble the central Star Block by learning to create a half-square triangle (HST), to use the stitch-n-flip method to create the corners for the Square in a Square unit and Flying Geese units, and to pin, assemble, and press the block
- Measure the quilt center, mark the border strips to the correct length, and pin, stitch and trim the border strips
- Assemble the quilt block rows with directional units, sew the rows together, and follow a pressing plan
- Layer, baste, and quilt by watching demonstrations on taping, layering, pinning, stitch-in-the-ditch, and straight-line quilting
- Prepare to bind the quilt by joining binding strips together with diagonal seams using chain piecing and how to trim and press seams
- Apply the prepared binding strip to the finished quilt, stitch corners, trim and join the tails with a neat and tidy diagonal seam, and hand stitch the binding to the back
After learning how to build the “Accent on Amish” quilt with step-by-step instructions, you will be able to construct several different types of blocks, add borders, prepare and apply binding, and create perfect mitered corners to name just a few acquired techniques!
And, if you work best with written instructions, a free download of each lesson’s instructions will be available after your initial purchase. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to create a professional looking quilt by learning from the best instructors out there!
Materials: Free instructional downloads for Accent on Amish, Lessons 1 – 9, will be available after initial purchase.
Length : 2:15:10
Category: All, All Skill Levels, All Videos, Best Sellers (all time), Binding, Chain Block, Chapter, Featured, Flying Geese, General Quilting, Half-Square Triangle (HST), Intermediate Quilting Classes, Log Cabin, McCall's Quilting - Quilt Along, McCall's Quilting Staff, Mitered Corners, New Classes, New Quilting Classes, Quilting Classes, Square in a Square, Star Block, Techniques, and Unique Quilting Projects.
Tags: 9 lessons, accent on amish, accurately cut fabric, adding the border, applying the binding, assemble quilt block rows, assemble quilt block rows with directional units, assembling the quilt, basic tools, baste, basting, bind, binding, chain block, chain blocks, cut fabric, diagonal seam, diagonal seams, erin russek, flip, flying geese, general quilting, getting started, half-square triangle (hst), layer, layering, log cabin, log cabin blocks, make a quilt, make a quilt from start to finish, mccall's quilting - quilt along, mccall's quilting staff, mitered corners, pinning, prepare binding, preparing for binding, pressing, pressing plan, pressing techniques, quarter inch seam allowance, quilt, quilt block rows, quilting, sewing, sewing techniques, sherri bain driver, square in a square, star block, start to finish, stich-n-flip method, stitch, stitch & flip, stitch and flip, stitch in the ditch, stitch-n-flip, straight-line, straight-line quilting, taping, technique, techniques, tracee doran, unique quilting projects, and ¼” seam allowance.